Jim Carrey Movies In Order
Ask a lot of people who the funniest man alive is, and you’re bound to hear more than a few answer, “Jim Carrey.” The Canadian star rose to prominence in the 90s thanks to blockbuster comedy hits like Dumb and Dumber, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Liar Liar, and The Mask. He won a Golden Globe for his acting in the philosophical comedy-drama The Truman Show in 1998. He won another the following year for his brilliant portrayal of comedian Andy Kaufman in Man on the Moon.
During the 2000s, Jim Carrey’s career continued to flourish with hit roles in films like Bruce Almighty in 2003 and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in 2004. Eternal Sunshine was a groundbreaking film for Carrey, one that redefined his career. Below, you can find the full Jim Carrey movie list in order. His acting career spans more than three decades, and not only includes dozens of films, but a number of TV roles as well. He is credited for appearing in 125 episodes of In Living Color, and has made several appearances on Saturday Night Live.
While Jim Carrey is best known for his acting, he also has experience as a screenwriter and film producer. He was co-writer on Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and produced Bruce Almighty as well as Fun with Dick and Jane.
- Jim Carrey came from an impoverished background, and was forced to drop out of school at age 15 in order to get a job to support his family. If he hadn’t succeeded in becoming an actor, he’d probably be working in an Ontario steel mill right now. His family supported him right back; his father regularly drove him to Toronto to perform at the comedy clubs.
- Carrey loved performing even as a child, much to the chagrin of his teachers. One supportive (and clever) teacher figured out that she could get him to sit quietly during class if he would be allowed to perform in front of his classmates for a few minutes at the end each day.
- When he was 10 years old, Carrey sent his resume to The Carol Burnett Show.
- One of Carrey’s earliest breaks came when he was noticed by Rodney Dangerfield. Dangerfield was so impressed by the burgeoning comic that he invited him to open for him on his tour.
- Jim Carrey has been in relationships with co-stars Lauren Holly and Renee Zellweger, and also with Playboy Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy.
- While Tupac Shakur was incarcerated, Jim Carrey wrote him letters to make him laugh.
Jim Carrey’s slapstick humor and exaggerated mannerisms have become iconic of the 90s, and with his roles going into the 2000s and beyond, he demonstrated that he can also bring incredible emotional depth to his parts. It is no wonder that so many of his movies have gone down in history as classics. People still watch films like Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber over and over again, and will continue enjoying Jim Carrey’s genius for the rest of time!